grammar and usage教案
2021-03-16 来源：未知 作者：未知
grammar and usage教案 主备人 执教人 授课日期 班级
总课题 m10u4 总课时 10 分课时 8 课型 新授
课题 m10 unit4 law and order grammar and usage
教学目标 1.learn sth. about language styles
2.learn some key phrases and words
to know language styles
教学重点 the students know language styles freely
教学难点 some papers ,a projector
教具 m10 unit4 law and order grammar and usage
step 1 :greetings
step 2 :brainstorming
the english language style is between spoken and written forms. within spoken and written forms of english, there are also differences between formal and informal styles. you are expected to apply what you have learnt to practice by finish two exercises.
step 3: explanation:
1. do you know what is formal style and what is informal style? what is the difference between them?
2. people use different language styles in different situations. read the guidelines and the information in the table on page 56.
3. read part 1 and part 2 about formal style and informal style. you will find complex sentence structures, including the passive voice and subordinate clauses, as well as abstract nouns in the formal style of english. and simple sentence structures and active voice may often be used in the informal style. a lot of colloquial language and contractions may be found as well.
4. compare the following two texts and try to decide which is formal and which is informal.
a: hi, mike. it's alice's birthday tomorrow. shall we buy her a present?
b: yes, of course, what about some flowers?
a: flowers are lovely. but i'd prefer to get her a cd. you know she loves music.
b: good idea.
a: good morning, mr smith. the report if finished. shall i present it to you?
b: please give it to me in an hour. i have a meeting with some customers about our new product.
a: i am sorry to interrupt you. please inform me when you are finished and have time to look at the report.共2页，当前第1页12
b: yes, i will.
text1: use simple sentence structures; the active voice; less formal language and contractions
text2: use the passive voice; a formal setting
5. read the guidelines of part a on page 57 to find out what you will do in this part. read the situations in the box and then work out the answers on your own or in pairs. try to state your reasons for your choice.
spoken b d e a j
written f h c i g
6. read the guidelines of part b. finish it in pairs. tell the reasons why you think these sentences are formal or informal.
b 6 3 1 2 5 4
5 3 1 6 2 4
step 4: homework:
do parts c1 and c2 on page 124 in workbook.